Mohsin Naqvi Removes Two Senior Officers Over Mismanagement at Garden Town Passport Office

LAHORE — August 20, 2026: Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi expressed strong displeasure over mismanagement and complaints from citizens during his visit to the Passport Office in Garden Town, Lahore, ordering the removal of two senior officers from their positions. During his visit, the interior minister found long queues of citizens waiting outside the passport…

LAHORE — August 20, 2026: Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi expressed strong displeasure over mismanagement and complaints from citizens during his visit to the Passport Office in Garden Town, Lahore, ordering the removal of two senior officers from their positions.

During his visit, the interior minister found long queues of citizens waiting outside the passport office. Several applicants approached him and shared complaints about delays, absent staff, and alleged activities of an agent mafia operating around the office.

Citizens told Mohsin Naqvi that they had arrived early in the morning but had been waiting for hours because staff members were reportedly absent from several counters. Some applicants said they had been waiting for around four hours without their turn coming.

Several citizens also alleged that agents were openly demanding money to speed up passport-related work. One applicant claimed that he had paid Rs5,500 to an agent outside the office, while others complained that agents were openly asking for payments in exchange for getting their work completed quickly.

An elderly citizen also told the interior minister that he had been expecting to receive his passport that day, but staff had informed him that the passport had not yet been printed.

Expressing serious displeasure over the situation, Mohsin Naqvi ordered the removal of Passport Office In-Charge and Deputy Director Shehzad Aslam from his position over alleged negligence in the performance of official duties.

The interior minister also ordered the removal of the Deputy Director of FIA Anti-Corruption Lahore after observing the reported presence and activities of agents outside the passport office. The action was taken over concerns regarding the failure to prevent alleged agent activity in the vicinity of the government office.

Mohsin Naqvi issued the orders on the spot and directed the concerned authorities to take immediate action. He also assured citizens that their complaints would be addressed and that measures would be taken to improve the system.

While speaking to the citizens, the interior minister apologized for the difficulties they were facing, saying that providing facilities and efficient services to citizens was the government’s responsibility and duty.

The visit highlighted continuing concerns regarding delays in passport services, staff attendance, and alleged involvement of unauthorized agents. The minister’s immediate action against the two officers signals a stricter approach toward administrative negligence and complaints involving public service delivery.

What’s your Reaction?
+1
0
+1
0

About The Author

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Hafiz Naeem Warns Jamaat-e-Islami Will Step Up Action if Government Refuses to Withdraw Levy

Assistant Commissioner Rushes to Shah Khalid Colony Girls’ Primary School After Ceiling Plaster Incident

Bodies of Pakistanis Killed in Houthi Attack Arrive in Karachi

APSA Hyderabad Division Hosts Farewell Dinner in Honour of Retiring Ejaz Ali Soomro